How to Sell with Kentucky Kids Consignment Sales
Register to sell with us
Gather your items
Enter, Price, & Prep
Check-in, Pick-up & Get Paid
What’s New this Season
We have some BIG changes for 2018 at both our Elizabethtown and Murray sale locations! We are always tweaking sale procedures and the items we accept in an effort to improve the event for YOU. Our goal is always to SELL everything you bring to the sale!
Starting in 2018, we will accept boys and girls clothing in sizes from preemie to 20 and maternity clothing at all of our events.
We are no longer accepting junior girl’s or young men’s sizes. Teen sized clothing cannot be tagged as children’s clothing. Boy’s pants with waist sizes 24-30 inches will be accepted as they are equivalent to boy’s sizes 14-20.
We accept shoes from newborn to youth size 6. We are no longer accepting adult sized shoes.
There are no restrictions on brands as long as items meet our quality standards.
We are no longer accepting general adult-level fiction or non-fiction books. Books need to be for babies to tweens or parenting books.
We are no longer accepting women’s costume jewelry.
We are no longer accepting VHS tapes or plain stuffed animals at either sale location. We will accept stuffed/plush battery operated toys that DO something (make sure they have batteries & work!)
Also, sellers need to allow enough time (30-45 minutes depending on how many items you have) to bring your items into the sale. Park and come in to sign your seller’s agreement and receive your presale pass BEFORE carrying items in.
You’ll be placing some of your items on the sales floor as well as creating large item claim tags. If you send your husband/friend be sure they’re prepared to place your items on the sales floor and make the large item claim tags for you.
Step 1: Register to Sell
New sellers will create an account with our tagging & registration software, called MyConsignment Manager, and then register for the current sale event.
Returning sellers will log in with their existing username & password and then register for the current sale event.
Once you are registered in MyConsignment Manager, you can visit each link on your Seller Home Page. This is where you will ENTER ITEMS and PRINT TAGS as well as CHECK YOUR SALES REPORTS each night of the sale.
Be sure to choose your Check-in Time and optional Preferred Seller Shifts. Evening and weekend time slots fill quickly!
Step 2: Items Accepted
Murray sellers are limited to 250 items each. Sellers who sold more than 70% of the items entered into inventory at the prior season’s sale may bring an additional 100 items.
Sellers must contact us via email to have their item limit raised
Elizabethtown sellers are limited to 150 items each. Sellers who sold more than 80% of the items entered into inventory at the prior season’s sale may bring an additional 100 items.
Sellers must contact us via email to have their item limit raised.
We accept boys and girls clothing in sizes from preemie to 20 and maternity clothing items with no stains, tears, holds and with working zippers & buttons. Maternity & nursing items should be of very recent styles and priced competitively.
- For boys: size 20 = 30 inch waist; size 18 = 28 inch waist; size 16 = 26 inch waist; size 14 = 24 inch waist
- We are no longer accepting junior girl’s or young men’s sizes. Teen sized clothing cannot be tagged as children’s clothng.
- We accept shoes from newborn to youth size 6. We are no longer accepting adult sized shoes.
- There are no restrictions on brands as long as items meet our quality standards.
We sell much more than clothing!
We accept indoor & outdoor toys, shoes, accessories, books, bicycles, movies rated PG-13 & below, video games rated T & below, strollers, highchairs, pack-n-plays, scrapbooking supplies, infant carriers, diaper bags, nursery bedding & decor, feeding supplies, children’s furniture and so much more. If babies, children, or teens can use it, we’ll probably accept it as long as it meets our quality standards.
Items must HAVE ALL PARTS INCLUDING BATTERIES. Toys and games need to have all parts and pieces. All items should smell fresh & clean. All items requiring batteries must have them and work.
Books need to be for babies to tweens or parenting books.
Baby gear should be wiped clean. Include the manual if you have it. Furniture & baby gear will need to be assembled for the sale.
We accept designer handbags from brands like Coach, Michael Kors, Vera Bradley, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Brahmin, Dooney & Bourke, Tory Burch, Chanel, Frye, and more… Each seller will be limited to 5 of these. Designer bags are secured and only released to shoppers after purchase.
What’s Not Accepted
- We will not accept out of season, stained, ripped, torn, pilled or otherwise damaged items.
- We do not accept items that were FREE to you – please do not bring books from the Dolly Parton program, formula company diaper bags, giveaway string backpacks or t-shirts, or other freebie/giveaway items.
- We do not accept general adult-level fiction or non-fiction books.
- We do not accept women’s costume jewelry.
- Carseats must be no more than five years old, check the sticker on the bottom for the date of manufacture before bringing it to the sale.
- All cribs must meet 16 CFR 1219, the new federal standard for full-size cribs or with 16 CFR 1220, the new federal standard for non-full-size cribs. Only cribs manufactured after June 28, 2011 meet these standards.
- VHS tapes and plain stuffed animals are not accepted at either sale location. We will accept stuffed/plush battery operated toys that DO something (make sure they have batteries & work!)
We also cannot accept:
- children’s upper outerwear (sweatshirts, jackets & coats) in sizes 2T through 12 with neck or hood drawstrings, and children’s outerwear in sizes 2T through 16 with waist or bottom drawstrings that extend more than 3 inches from the garment
- used pacifiers
- grab bags of miscellaneous & random dollar store type toys
- children’s jewelry of any sort
- children’s books printed prior to 1985
- cribs, toddler beds, bath seats, walkers or play-yards that do not meet the current safety standards.
- We will not accept any recalled items. You may use the CPSC website or Google to check your items for recall.
Spring vs. Fall
Bring swimsuits, shorts, sleeveless outfits, and sandals to this sale. Long sleeved items that might be worn on Easter such as button-up dress shirts or light sweaters will be accepted, but heavy, wintry fabrics will not.
Bring snow boots, jackets & coats, sweaters, fleece, velour & velvet clothing, and warm fuzzy Halloween costumes to this sale. Cap-sleeved shirts and light, summery fabrics will not be accepted.
Both spring & fall sales:
Jeans, polo shirts, capri pants, and light cotton long sleeve sleepers & onesies for infants, and dress-up clothing are all appropriate for both spring and fall sales.
For the Murray sale only:
We accept all types of furniture and home decor!
Household furniture, art, rugs, lamps, accent tables & chairs, decorative items, mirrors, window treatments, for any room of the house including outdoor furniture are all appropriate for the sale. Seasonal decorations are also welcome.
Items will be inspected to ensure that they are in excellent condition in desirable styles! We will NOT be accepting housewares, small appliances, computers/computer accessories, and other electronics.
If you have questions about a specific item, just contact us to ask before bringing it to the sale!
About Breast Pumps:
We do not accept used single-user electric breastpumps – we will only accept the following electric pumps (all others, including the Medela Pump-in-Style are considered single user pumps and are not to be shared between mothers):
Ameda: Elite, Platinum, Purely Yours
Ardo: Calypso, Carum
Bailey: Nurture III
Freemie: Freedom, Equality
Hygeia: EnDeare, EnJoye
Lansinoh: Signature Pro, Affinity Pro
Lucina: Melodi One
Medela: Lactina, Symphony
PJ’s: Comfort, Bliss
Rumble Tuff: Serene Express Duo
Spectra: M1, S1, S2, Dew 350
If you have a pump that you believe is a CLOSED system with a SEALED motor that is designed to be shared by multiple users, contact us to ask about it – new models are coming out all the time!
Step 3: Enter, Price, & Prep Your Items
How to enter items in MyConsignment Manager
from your Seller Home Page, you can:
Use the Enter Items screen to select category, size, price and write a brief description.
If your item loses its tag, we can search the database for items with descriptions and try to re-tag. If you list brand, color, and other features like husky, slim, adjustable waist, NEW, etc., we’ll have better luck in re-tagging.
We suggest pricing most items about 1/4 to 1/3 of the amount they were when new. Infant clothing should be priced less, furniture and baby gear in like new condition could be priced a bit more. Ask yourself – what would I pay for this? Make your price reasonable AND check the box for “discount: yes” to make your items available at half-price if they have not sold by the final day of the sale.
Items can be edited both on the Enter Items screen and on the Manage Inventory screen.
If you edit the price or discount selection AFTER printing your tags, you MUST reprint that tag. You CANNOT handwrite in a change to the price or the discount seleciton, that information is encoded in the barcode and your handwritten change will not take effect.
Use the Print Tags screen to GENERATE the PDF of tags, then save or print it. Tags can be generated multiple times, marking them “generated” is simply a placekeeper for you.
Use white or light pastel CARDSTOCK paper to print tags. Dark or shiny tags won’t scan. Regular paper tags tear & get lost. Do not print on regular paper & tape tags on index cards.
One package of cardstock paper will last for several seasons of sales! Or share with a friend. You can also email your PDF of tags to a copy shop or office store and have them print for you! Office Depot in Murray knows exactly what to do 🙂
Prepping Clothing & Shoes
- Hang all clothing items on WIRE hangers with the hook facing left to look like a “?”
- Pants, skirts, shorts should be pinned at the center of the waist onto the angled part of the hangers.
- For outfits, put the top on the hanger and pin the waist of the bottoms to the shoulders of the top at the angled part of the hanger.
- Clothing in bags does not sell well. Hang all onesies & sleepers. Multiple items can be pinned to one hanger at the shoulders.
- Button all buttons, snap all snaps, and zip all zippers. Iron or use a winkle release spray.
- Attach the tag on the right side (as you are looking at it) of the clothing (over the heart).
- place item on hangers like this, with the hook of the hanger facing left
- Shoes need to be clean and in like-new conditon.
- Shoes can be placed in a ziploc bag with the tag taped to the outside or attached together with zipties with tag securely attached to the shoe.
- Please do not bring shoeboxes. They take up too much space and shoes cannot be secured inside them.
- Add a small piece of masking tape with your seller number & item number to any item at risk of losing its tag. We suggest putting this on clothing near the label, inside each shoe, on bedding items, on each part of toys with multiple parts, etc. It will help us retag items that happen to lose their tag during the sale.
- Loose items such as socks, bibs, hats, and belts should be placed inside ziploc bags and taped securely. Tape your tag to outside of the bag. If you have only one item, you can attach the tag directly. For example, pin a tag to a hat if the tag can stay securely attached.
Photos of tagged items
Want to see some photos of how to best prepare your items for the sale? Check out this album of helpful photos on Facebook!
No matter if you use tagging gun or safety pins, please use EXTREME CAUTION in where you place the barb/pin. Try to place the barb/pin in a seam, tag or even the fabric at the edge of the zipper so that holes won’t be left in clothing items. Don’t pin through a vinyl raincoat or leather jacket!
Prepping Toys, Baby Gear & More
Items should be clean, have all parts, and in be good working order with batteries in them to show they work!
Safe & Secure
- Use ziplock bags and clear packing tape to secure all parts & pieces.
- The goal is to ensure shoppers can see each item while also keeping all parts together.
- Include the original manual or other paper work if you have it.
Wait until check-in…
- …to tape movies and video games shut, we’ll need to see that the correct disc is in the box
- … to attach your barcoded tags to items too large for a shopper to carry. We have our large item claim tag that you’ll fill out and use to attach your barcoded tag to furniture, large baby gear, and large toys when you come to check-in. We use this so shoppers can claim large items without carrying them around the sale.
Step 4: Check-in, Pick-up, and Get Paid
bringing your items to the sale:
Schedule a Check-in time
We use Check-in appointments to keep things running smoothly. Please choose a time from the Check-in tab on your Seller Home Page. Evening & weekend times fill quickly! If you don’t see a time that works for you, keep checking back. We will accommodate everyone who wants to sell, but wait for the final weekend before the sale to make individual adjustments to the schedule.
Prep at home
- Double check that all items are hung facing LEFT so hanger looks like question mark “?”
- Bring clothing grouped by size & sex – use rubber bands around the hanger hooks to keep each size together.
- Bin/box/bag other items by category -all books, all toys, all room decor. all baby accessories together
Allow 30-45 minutes
Allow enough time to bring your items into the sale. Park and come in to sign your seller’s agreement and receive your presale pass BEFORE carrying items in. You may use our carts & racks to assist with transport. You’ll be placing some of your items on the sales floor as well as creating large item claim tags. If you send your husband/friend be sure they’re prepared to put your items on the floor and make the large item claim tags for you.
(Optional) Item Pick-up
Optional item Pick-up for sellers will be between 1 and 4 PM on Saturday. We will remain open to public shoppers during this time so you’ll have a chance to buy any items you find during Pick-up that you can’t live without! We will NOT be ready to process Pick-ups before 1 PM. You may come anytime between 1 and 4 PM on Saturday but Pick-up MUST BE COMPLETE BY 4 PM.
If you are planning to pick up many items or shop while you pick up, please come early to give yourself plenty of time. Remember to bring your bags, boxes, or bins with you.
Sellers will get a sold item report around Noon Saturday and we’re pretty sure that you’ll be able to spot your own unsold items quickly when you come to pick them up. Of course, sellers with a high ISP (Items Sold Percentage) won’t have much left and you always have the option of passing unsold items on to the many charity groups who are so thrilled to get them.
YOU WILL NEED YOUR SELLER INFORMATION SHEET THAT YOU RECEIVED AT CHECK-IN – IT IS YOUR TICKET TO GET YOUR UNSOLD ITEMS OUT THE DOOR!
Once you’ve collected your unsold items, you’ll take them to a check-out station where workers will quickly verify that you haven’t grabbed someone else’s item by mistake and you can make any additional purchases. Remember to check the lost & found and the rack of items that were pulled from the sale for quality or seasonality issues.
Any items left after 4 PM on Pick-up day, including those in the lost & found, will be donated to charity.
Getting Paid via PayPal!
We send electronic payouts to sellers via PayPal – and we cover the fees! This means you’ll get your money faster & easier than waiting for a check in the mail. No more lost checks, accidentally-thrown-away checks, water damaged checks, or got-eaten-by-the-dog checks
Email Addresses Need to Match
Please make sure your email address for PayPal and MyConsignment Manager are the same! If you already have a PayPal account with a different email address, you can simply add the address you use with MyConsignment Manager as a secondary email on your existing PayPal account. One PayPal account can have many email addresses tied to it. Be sure your address in MyConsignment Manager is one you check & read often as email is the best way for us to communicate with you!
Your Money, Your Way
You can easily transfer your payment from PayPal to your checking account if you wish or keep the funds in PayPal to use. You can also order a debit card from PayPal ahead of time and use it to spend your sale payout. If you really need a paper check in the mail, PayPal can send one minus a very small processing fee.